We may update this Policy at any time without notice. Updates will be marked with a new edition number and dated accordingly. You agree to review this Policy regularly and to be bound by the Policy then in force as it appears on our website.
FCR ELECTRICAL/FYLDE COAST REWIRES is subject to UK and European privacy legislation, which regulates the use of individuals’ personal information. This legislation imposes specific requirements on FCR ELECTRICAL/FYLDE COAST REWIRES. All personal information supplied by you to us either online via the website, in writing, verbally or electronically will be protected by us in accordance with current applicable privacy legislation and the terms of this Policy.
What Are Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold, subject to overriding legal obligations:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
What personal information do we collect?
When you transact with us as a supplier or customer we need to know basic personal information if you are an identified person (data subject), this does not normally apply to companies or other legal entities.
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal information in order for you to access the general information sections of our website. However, if you wish to contact us through the website and/or register your details with us, you will need to provide us with certain personal information.
Information required is for example, your email, name and various addresses and this (among other things) allows us to respond to your queries, offer quotations etc. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the service which you have requested.
How will we use your information?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Examples of how your personal data may be used are shown below:
- providing you with any goods or services that you have requested;
- requesting you to provide goods or services to FCR ELECTRICAL/FYLDE COAST REWIRES
- dealing with your requests and/or enquiries;
- carrying out analysis;
- improving the quality of our services;
- maintaining our records for administrative and accounting purposes;
- tracking deliveries
- tracking activity on our website;
- protecting our website against unauthorised access;
- assisting with police investigations and/or enquiries;
- complying with statutory and/or regulatory obligations;
- sending you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
How long we will retain your personal information?
We will retain all personal information securely for a period of ten years, after which time it will be removed from our files.
Who do we disclose your information to?
Except as provided below, we will not share your personal information with any third parties:
- If you choose to pay for any goods or services by Debit or Credit card, we will pass your personal information to the necessary payment service provider e.g Visa, Paypal, ServiceM8, Stripe. Any such third party may require further information from you in order to process your payment.
- When assessing your credit limit, we may contact a recognised Credit Reference Agency or trade reference.
- In the event of unpaid and overdue transactions we may contact debt collection agencies, solicitors or courts.
- We may disclose your personal information to the police or other public-sector bodies with authority to request such information and/or fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, to prevent, detect or discourage crime and/or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our website. A cookie is an element of data that our website sends to your browser which is then stored on your system. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way could be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services, and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our Website to our advertisers.
Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. It is used by us to analyse how visitors interact with the Website so that we can continue to develop and improve this Website.
We may gather information about your general Internet use by using a cookie file that is downloaded to your computer. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Website and the service that we provide to you.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular areas of our Website.
Any advertising featured on this Website may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our Website.
Transfer of personal information
By submitting personal information to FCR ELECTRICAL/FYLDE COAST REWIRES, you agree that FCR ELECTRICAL/FYLDE COAST REWIRES may legitimately transfer your personal information to third parties (who may be located outside of the European Economic Area).
You also agree that in the event that FCR ELECTRICAL/FYLDE COAST REWIRES were to undergo any form of restructuring, whether by acquisition, merger or otherwise, we may continue to use and share your personal data across the restructured firm.
Changes and Information
We will use our reasonable endeavours to deal with your questions or queries and to update or correct your information promptly and within the GDPR rules.
FCR ELECTRICAL/FYLDE COAST REWIRES operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised individuals have access to the information provided.
Please note that whilst we endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information and/or other data that you disclose to us. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Any dispute between you and FCR ELECTRICAL/FYLDE COAST REWIRES in relation to this website, or your use of it, or any content shall be governed by UK/England legislation.