FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires Terms and Conditions
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the installation, repair and service shall be subject to the following terms and conditions.
- “Services” means the engineering and associated services relating to the Customer’s Equipment as set out in the proposal specified in our quotation or other agreed documents or discussions between us.
- “We”, “us” and “our” mean the FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires providing Services to you.
- “You” and “your” mean the person or company to which we are providing Services.
- “Customer’s Equipment” means the equipment or material belonging to you, or for which you request us to provide services.
Incorporation of Conditions
- a) Any contract or agreement to do work made between you and us shall be subject to these conditions, and any terms you put forward do not apply.
- b) All other terms and conditions which might be implied by conduct or a previous course of dealing or trade custom are excluded from this contract.
- c) No amendment or change shall be made to these conditions
- (a) Our quotation provides an indication to you of the items on which you may place an order, but no order from you as a result of a quotation (or otherwise) shall be binding upon us unless and until it is accepted by you or confirmed by us.
- (b) A quotation is made on the assumption that the work requested is reasonably capable of being carried out. If on inspection this is found in our opinion not to be the case, we will advise you to this effect as soon as reasonably practicable, and may offer you a reconditioned or new substitute on terms to be agreed. If you give a general instruction for repairs without specifying the particular service or replacement parts, we will be entitled to carry out such repairs or, modifications or service as in our opinion are necessary to put the Customer’s Equipment in good working order, and to make an appropriate charge for the work and parts provided.
- (c) Provided your order is placed within 30 days of the date of the quotation, the price contained on the quotation shall be fixed unless the quotation states otherwise. If your order is not placed in that period, then if any change shall occur after that in the costs of any materials, labour, transport or other items, including overheads, which we have to pay or incur for the performance of the Contract, then you will pay the resultant price.
- (d) If delivery and performance are postponed at your request or by circumstance within your control you will pay all resulting costs and expenses we incur.
- (e) We will charge for all work carried out at your request, whether exploratory or otherwise and, in particular, we reserve the right to instruct out employees or agents to work overtime to comply with your delivery requirements in which case we may charge you the cost of such overtime.
2. Installation Work
(a) All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671:2008(2011) and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
(b) All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
(c) Electrical Installation and Minor Works certificates and Building Regulations notifications issued by FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires cover only those works installed by FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires.
(d) Where work is to extend or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume existing circuits are safe and in adequate condition. Any works required to bring these circuits up to standard will be at additional cost.
(e) No addition or alteration will be carried out to rubber insulated (VIR) cables
(f) Where carpet or floor coverings require lifting, best endeavours will be made to avoid damage and to refit to an acceptable standard. However, employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, to effect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
(g) Unless agreed beforehand, chases to walls, etc. will be left un-filled. Final finishing of skim coat plaster and final decoration is excluded.
(h) FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires will endeavour to undertake installation work to a clean standard. However, some additional vacuuming and cleaning down of surfaces should be expected afterwards.
(i) Any equipment susceptible to damage from dust (e.g. video or computer equipment) must be removed from the work area prior to our arrival on site.
3. New Consumer Units:
(a) Where works include the installation of a new consumer unit (fuse board), under Part P Building Regulations it is a legal requirement that the whole installation be tested to ensure it is safe to connect to the new unit. The basic cost for this is included in the installation cost.
(b) Any faults found during the above testing which are deemed unsafe, must be rectified prior to that circuit being reconnected to any new consumer unit. Any costs for such work will be in addition to any previously quoted figure. Such issues will be brought to the Client’s attention as soon as is practical during works. In particular it may be necessary to install new main services bonding to water, gas or oil supplies. This is especially common on properties built during or prior to the early 1970s.
(a) The clearing and/or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included within the quote. Whilst we try to be as helpful as possible we will only do limited moving to create access and will not be held liable for damage to such items should such action be necessary.
(b) We will try to ensure that electrical items are plugged back in and in working order before we leave the premises, however, we will not be held responsible for any
(c) losses due to any electrical item not being plugged back in and/or switched on.
(d) Removal from site and disposal of rubble, materials, general waste and packaging is included. FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires may, at their discretion, remove old fittings and wiring for responsible disposal.
5. Staged Works Definitions:
(a) First Fix: Positioning and securing of accessory boxes. Preparation and positioning of cables.
(b) Second Fix: Termination of conductors to accessories and protective devices. Certification and commissioning.
(a) Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between 08:00hrs – 17:00hrs Monday to Friday inclusive. Work required by the Client outside of these hours may attract a premium rate which will be agreed with the Client ahead of works taking place.
(b) Estimated & Quoted costs assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with the client. In the event working hours are reduced due to Client action causing us to make additional visits to site we have the right to charge for these additional visits.
(c) In the event a Client has asked for a break down of the works into component parts the estimated & quoted costs of each component will take into consideration an overlap of workings and the efficient use of engineers. These component quotes will only be applicable if the entire works are carried out in the time frame discussed at the survey. Where a Client decides to only carry out some of the works or decides to split the work over a different time frame a new quote will be necessary and will be provided.
(d) The quotation is based on a survey which is non destructive. As such and unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted will assume a source of power and feed is present for any installations. In the event we discover this not to be the case we will advise the Customer. Additional work to trace and supply a power feed will be charged as an extra.
(e) Where works comprise the changing of switches and sockets we will itemise those fittings visible during the survey. FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires will not be responsible or liable for switches and sockets which are subsequently found following the moving of furniture. We will try to accommodate the additional replacements required but these will be charged as extras and may need to be carried out at a later stage if such items need to be ordered.
(f) The cost of any additional work and materials not covered in stated costs will be added to the total and charged as per the payment schedule advised at the time of the initial quote.
(g) An estimate will give an indication only of the typical cost of works and will not form any basis of a formal contract between FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires and the Client.
(h) Quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of the estimate.
(i) Quotations will state clearly if subject to VAT and this will be payable by the Client.
6. Risk and Title of Goods:
(a) The risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
(b) All goods supplied shall remain the property of FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires until all sums due have been paid in full.
(a) FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires warrants its installation work to be defect free for a period of twelve months from the invoice date. Cover does not extend to goods supplied by other tradesmen or the Client or in the event of physical damage, wilful misuse or instances where the installation has been altered or tampered with by third parties.
(b) This warranty excludes fair wear and tear to lamps, fuses and other consumables.
(c) Where projects involve works by third party trades, any damage to the electrical installation by third parties shall remain the responsibility of the Client. Any rectification costs must be paid by the Client prior to commencement of second fix. Recovery of such costs from any third party shall be the Client’s responsibility.
(d) Where security alarms are installed, these will be fitted with a tamper seal on the main panel. The warranty is void if this is broken. The request for the engineer code will also invalidate and void any warranty
(e) Where fire alarms are installed, the warranty is only valid if the system is maintained by a competent person and in accordance with the recommendations within BS 5839.
(a) An agreed deposit invoice (approx 50%) will be issued to secure booking of our services with the final 50% amount (or % of the remaining balance) due on completion of the works. Payment terms are payment on completion date of the works unless agreed by prior agreement/arrangement and this agreement has been put in writing.
(b) Larger projects/projects involving a separate first and second fix will require staged payments comprising a deposit, interim payment and final payment on completion of all works. If the completion of first/second fix is delayed by more than two weeks we have the right to invoice for works completed to that point and will pro-rata the invoice accordingly. If applicable, such staged payments will be advised as part of the quotation.
(c) Payment is accepted by debit or credit card or bank transfer. Cash is not accepted.
(d) In the event of any non-payment FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires reserve the right to withhold any certificates for work carried out until such payments are made.
(a) A minimum 5 day’s notice is required for cancellation of works.
(b) In the event cancellation is made with less than 5 day’s notice, FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires will deem this to be a Short Notice Cancellation and has the right to charge in full for the labour component of cancelled works.
(c) In the event our engineers arrive on site at the agreed time/slot and are unable to gain access, FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires will consider this a Short Notice Cancellation and will charge as per 9(b) above.
(d) FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires will try to return all unused materials to the Wholesaler at no cost to the Client in the event of a cancellation. FCR Electrical/Fylde Coast Rewires reserves the right to charge any restocking fee which may be imposed on the return of these goods. Certain ‘special order’ non standard items will be non returnable and will be charged in full to the Client and delivered on payment.